website is meant to serve as an "idea book" for your yard.
Note: If using Internet Explorer, you might need to click on the bar at the top of the browser to Allow Blocked Content.
Search the Database
Note that less than 75% of records loaded so far; this page is under development.
Roadside plants, roses, weeds and some native plants are not yet loaded.
Type some letters, then click to choose:
- 580 different plants, including weeds, are photographed. Most are species, though some such as roses, are listed by cultivar.
- Plants are also grouped by shade tolerance, salt tolerance, and fragrance
- In the Yard Scenes, each slideshow displays the plants in context. This might provide some ideas for grouping plants. To see what plants bloom when, check out the Year in Color.
- The Native Plants section shows the plants that were already growing on my land. In addition, natives that I have planted are indicated in red lettering in other sections.
- The Beginning shows what I started out with in my own yard.
- I use both native and non-native plants.
distinction between Weeds
isn't cut and dry.
- All the plants shown can grow here in Zone 8B (includes Florida Panhandle). I grew all the cultivated plants in the photos, except those in the Roadside section..
- Last updated 1 December 2012